beginnings of TRINITY, in 1930, lie in monthly home
services conducted locally by Rev V. Meyer from Vancouver.
This stayed in place until 1935 when Trinity became
part of the Chilliwack Parish and Rev. Holtzen conducted
the services. Over the next dozen years several pastors
led these services sometimes in private homes
and sometimes in rented facilities in Abbotsford. In
1945 the Fraser Valley Parish was divided and Trinity
in Abbotsford started their own weekly services under
the direction of Rev. Cohrs from Chilliwack and later
Rev. Fox from that same Parish.
In 1955, under the direction
of Rev. Fox, Trinity Lutheran Church was formally organized
and things moved very quickly towards planning the construction
of their first church building on Cherry Street. This
building was completed and dedicated on July 28, 1957,
the same time that our first resident Pastor arrived
Rev. Mark Misch.
After Rev. Misch we were
served by Rev. Herb Fruson and then Rev. Robert Schulze.
Under the leadership of Rev. Schulze and because of
Gods blessing, the increase in membership made
it necessary to make plans for a larger facility. The
Cherry Street Church was sold and on February 14, 1988
the new Church building at 3845 Gladwin Road was dedicated
to the Glory of God.
Since that time we have
been faithfully served by Rev. Rudy Pastucha, Rev. V.
Roy White and our current Pastor Rev. David Hilderman.